Friday, October 21, 2011

My Gramma's New Word For "Driveway"

So I was driving Gram back from the ear doctor and she wanted to stop at Jewel, so I attempt this majestically magnificent maneuver from the far right lane to the left-hand turn lane, but alas, the traffic gods were perhaps busy getting people to the hospital instead of the grocery store that day.

No problem. "There's a runway up there," Gram says. A runway? Oh, a driveway.

Maybe one day they'll be called runways, when "Back to the Future" is no longer the stuff of the silver screen. By the way, have you seen this goof in "Back to the Future III"? Of the little kid pointing to his wee-wee in one of the shots?

Hey, we all gotta go sometimes, even pee wee wee-wee-pointing time travelers.



[UPDATE: So I Googled "driveway" and "runway" after posting this (of course) and found this Facebook page titled "I'm from Kilmarnock and I say 'runway' instead of driveway.'" Maybe my gramma is actually Scottish instead of Polish and has been lying to us all these years.]

No comments: